Homemade Strawberry Crumble
This simple and delicious strawberry crumble is an excellent way to use up some of those fresh strawberries! Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to turn this into a cool and refreshing summer treat!
Prep: 15 minutes; Bake: 45 minutes + cooling
1 cup all-purpose flour
¾ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
¾ cup chopped walnuts
1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
1 cup packed light brown sugar, divided
½ cup salted butter, melted
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
2 ½ pounds fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 11×7-inch baking dish.
- Stir together flour, oats, walnuts, ginger, and 3/4 cup brown sugar in a bowl. Add butter; using your hands, stir mixture until moistened and coarse crumbs form.
- Stir together cornstarch, vinegar, and remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar in a large bowl until combined, then stir in the strawberries. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and top with crumble mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the strawberries are tender, mixture is rapidly bubbling around all edges, and top is golden, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit at room temperature, about 10 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Share this post:
Better Living for Today
There are a lot of ways that cats can reduce…Read More